- College of Arts & Humanities
- African American Student Union
- African American Studies Youtube Channel
- Black Faculty and Staff Association at UCF
- Club Kreyol
- Office of Diversity Initiatives
- Latin American Student Association
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Judaic Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Minority Programs in Education
- Multicultural and Academic Student Services
- Women’s Studies
- Zora Neale Hurston Institute for Documentary Studies
- The Black Collegian Online
- Black Facts Online
Africana Studies Dining Scholarship for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
- Must be minoring in Africana Studies during the academic semester(s) the scholarship is received
- Must be a full-time UCF student (undergraduate) during the academic semester(s) the scholarship is received
- Must complete the application and respond to the essay questions in the application
AWARD: One (1) All Access Dining Meal Plan Scholarship for both Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters, valued at $4,154 total. Which is $2077 per semester.
DEADLINE: April 21, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
John T. Washington Scholarship Service Award
- Be an African American student enrolled for at least 12 semester hours at UCF.
- Have a minimum college level GPA of 2.5.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have never received a bachelor’s degree, and will not receive first bachelor’s degree by the time the award is received.
- Be an undergraduate student majoring in one of the social sciences, health sciences, or public affairs.
NOTE: The selected applicant and nominator will be expected to attend the John T. Washington Luncheon on February 22, 2016 for the awards presentation ceremony.
- Nomination: Potential award recipients may nominate themselves, or be nominated by someone else.
- Completing this form: The nomination form must be fully completed. Resumes or additional materials may accompany the form, but it is important that a statement is included on the form to describe how the nominee’s community service activities exceed required volunteer services. Forms indicating, “see resume” or “see attached” will not be considered.
- Essay: Attach a one-page essay describing why the nominee should receive an award.
Questions regarding this form should be directed to Africana Studies at (407) 823-0026. We request that the completed nomination form be postmarked or faxed to us no later than Tuesday, February 16, 2016.